12.11.2012

Picking out our Christmas tree


On Sunday, we went to Hutchinson Acres for our Christmas tree. There were cookies, hot drinks and a wagon ride into the woods to pick out a tree. They cut it down for you on the spot, then bale it and bring it round so you can take it home. I have great childhood memories of running around in the snowy woods at a family friend's farm, watching the adults cut down our Christmas tree, then drinking hot chocolate inside while waiting for the snow to melt off the tree as it rested against the side of the barn. I would love to give Hannah a similar experience when she's a little older and obviously I still get a kick out of picking out our tree :)

We set it up and decorated it yesterday. It's so nice to have a traditional, sweet-smelling, needle-dropping tree after last year's modern tree. This is my new view while sitting on the sofa. I love the holidays!

8 comments:

  1. What a great day. Beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT's how you pick a tree! It looks great (and I bet it smells good too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times. Beautiful tree for sure. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smells WONDERFUL! My favourite part of the real tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sarah! I wasn't enjoying vacuuming up needles this morning, but I do love my tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping we can do something similar next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've
    been using WordPress on several websites for about a
    year and am worried about switching to another platform.

    I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    My homepage: home improvement store

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there. Sorry to hassle you but I happened to run across your site and discovered you're using the exact same template as me. The only issue is on my blog, I'm
    battling to get the layout looking like yours.
    Would you mind emailing me at: michealstacy@zoho.com
    so I can get this figured out. By the way I have bookmarked your internet site: http:
    //www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9202098086078199064&postID=4673672228015517360 and will be visiting
    frequently. Thanks alot :)!

    My blog: www.Youtube.Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips